Professional Poster Session
Monday, January 28, 2019
The NEWEA Professional Poster Session provides an alternate presentation format from the podium presentations typically found in technical sessions. Attendees have the opportunity to have one-on-one discussions with the poster presenters. The event is scheduled for Monday, January 28, 2019 from 8:30 AM–4:30 PM. The posters will be located on the 4th floor of the Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel.
A special session with the authors will take place from 1:30 – 3:30 PM.
2019 Poster Session Presenters
- The Significance of Good Modeling on Design of Biological Nutrient Removal Processes with Influent Inhibitory Compounds
Christopher Andres, Stantec
- Can’t Reach Your Dirty Assets? Challenges of a Cross Country Collection System Cleaning and Assessment Program in Springfield, MA
Timothy Baril, Kleinfelder
- Best Practices for BNR (Biological Nutrient Removal) Mixing
Ian Belczyk, Xylem Water Solutions
- Mapping Out MS4 Compliance: Options and Approaches to Improve the MS4 Asset Inventory
Janelle Bonn, Woodard & Curran
- Structural Polyurethane and Rehabilitation of America’s Infrastructure
Rob Emmerson, Sprayroq, Inc.
- Role of Ultrafiltration and Reverse Osmosis in Improving the Water Quality Index for Potable Water Reuse – A Case Study
Mohamed Hamoda, Kuwait University
- Online Nitrite Monitoring for Efficient Removal of Nitrogen from Wastewater
Robert Smith, YSI – a Xylem brand
- Enhancing Sustainability – Evaluation of Two Screening Technologies
Thomas Steinke, Parkson Corporation
Undergraduate Student Poster Competition
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
NEWEA’s Student Activities Committee will be hosting an Undergraduate Student Poster Competition on Tuesday, January 29 from 9:00 AM–3:30 PM. The posters will be located on the 4th floor of the Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel and a special session with the authors will take place from 11:00 – 12:30 PM.
Cash prizes will be awarded in two topic categories, wastewater treatment/collection and water quality issues. The awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday afternoon at 3:15PM in the Innovation Pavilion located in the 3rd floor atrium.